Google Analytics is a very powerful tool to help you understand who is visiting your website, how they got there, and what pages they're looking at.
Some sample statistics you can get from Google Analytics:
- How many people visited your website in the last 30 days, and how many of them were new visitors (as opposed to people who had already visited your site in the past)?
- What was the most commonly viewed page on your website?
- What was the average time spent on your home page before moving on (either leaving or digging deeper into your website)?
- How many of your visitors got to your website from a Google search compared to other sources (your email signature, a newsletter, an insurance company website, or typing in the address directly)?
- What city/state/country are your website visitors in?
- What search terms did visitors enter on Google to find your website?
There's so many more statistics you can get from Google Analytics. You may feel overwhelmed when you first log in, but simply clicking around your reports and exploring the data will give you a great start on understanding what's available.
And the best part? It's completely free. It's also super simple for a web developer to install.
If you don't have Google Analytics on your website now, it's never too late to add it.You won't have access to data from the past, but you'll have all kinds of fun reports to look at going forward.
If you have a Banyan Theory website, you have had Google Analytics installed from the day your website launched. If you're not sure how to access the reports, contact your Account Manager and we can help you get started.