You may have noticed last time you logged in that you received a banner notice about this change.
To give you a quick visual idea of what this means, first check out a few pages that have already made the switch to Timeline view:
Your To-Do List
- Design a Cover Photo which is the wide hard-to-miss photos at the top of the page. Read the guidelines from Facebook on what this image specifically can and cannot include.
- Adjust or redesign your profile picture to fit the new shape (it's square now instead of tall)
- Feature Your Apps/Custom Pages. Pick your 3 most important "Apps" to feature. Your Photos will always claim the first feature spot. The rest of your Apps (or custom pages) will still be available, just not featured. Read the instructions from Facebook.
- Update your App Image and Name. You an how set a custom image for each of your apps to show on your page (before you had to use what was provided by the App owner). Now's a good time to udpate the tab name too, if you haven't before! You can do this by editing your page, select Apps, and then clicking "Edit Settings" for the App you want to update.
- Review the new features and changes. Here's a great overview of the new features for Timeline for Facebook. You can also download the official Facebook guide (PDF).
Have a Banyan Theory Facebook Landing Page?
Read more about how the Facebook Timeline change will affect your landing page, and a freebie that will be on its way to your inbox soon!